NOTE: Maryland State government offices will be closed on the following Service Reduction Days:
· Friday, May 24, 2013
· Friday, August 30, 2013
· Wednesday, November 27, 2013
· Tuesday, December 24, 2013
· Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Please understand that these Service Reduction Days will affect service delivery. Processing of Child Care Subsidy applications and payments will be delayed, as well as Credentialing and Licensing determinations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
About the Office of Child Care
Alert! Click here for information about the safety recall of 2.1 million drop-side cribs manufactured by Stork Craft
The Office of Child Care (OCC) is responsible for licensing and inspecting all child care centers and family child care providers in Maryland. The Office of Child Care (OCC) also administers Maryland's subsidized child care program for working families and administers the state’s Child Care Credentialing System.
Visit OCC's online child care licensing inspection results site – www.CheckCCMD.org! The site offers detailed compliance findings from child care licensing inspections conducted since January 2011. The site may also be used to find licensed child care programs and providers, and to link to a wide range of information about early care and education in Maryland.
If you would like information about OCC's:
· Licensing Branch, click HERE
· Credentialing Branch, click HERE
· NEW! Maryland EXCELS Branch, click HERE
· Child Care Subsidy Branch, click HERE
Click here for the Division of Early
Childhood Development's Child Health Issues
portal page. This page provides child health-
related information and Internet links for
parents, child care providers and other early
childhood programs, and the general
community. Visit this page for updates on
preventing the spread of the flu (including the
H1N1 influenza virus).
Click Here to access the Maryland Sex
Offenders Registry (SOCEM), which is
maintained by the Maryland Department of
Public Safety and Correctional Services. In
addition to providing detailed offender
information, the site carries "amber alerts" for
abducted children and an information/resource
section for parents and educators on
preventing and combating youth gangs.
Click Here for the Maryland Judiciary Case
Search service, which provides free public
access to the Maryland District Court and
Circuit Court Case Management System.
District Court criminal, civil, and traffic case
records and Circuit Court criminal and civil case
records are available. The amount of historical
data may vary by jurisdiction.
Click Here to download the Office of Child Care's
new "Playground and Water Safety
Guidelines" for child care and early education
…or, if you would like to explore a variety of Internet sites containing a wide range of child care-related information of particular interest to parents and child care providers, click HERE.
NOTICE to Child Care Facility Operators and Family Child Care Providers:
· Maryland law requires all child care facilities and family child care providers to have a written emergency preparedness plan. The plan must cover emergency situations that require evacuation, sheltering in place, or other protection of children, such as in the event of fire, natural disasters, or other threatening situations that may pose a health or safety hazard to all children in care, including those with disabilities. For more information regarding this law, please click on the following link http://mlis.state.md.us/2009rs/billfile/sb0356.htm.
· For information on obtaining training to create the plan, visit the Project Security Blanket website http://www.projectsecurityblanket.org/. This training is offered through the Chesapeake Child Care Resource Center and is funded by the Maryland State Department of Education. Training is available statewide and online.
NOTICE to Child Care License/Registration and Employment Applicants - Commercial LiveScan fingerprinting services are now available. Private agencies ("commercial fingerprinting services") are authorized by COMAR 12.15.05 to submit fingerprints directly to the Maryland Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) for the purpose of obtaining criminal history record checks. Electronic fingerprint applications produce fast, reliable background check results. At present, there are several private agencies certified by Maryland CJIS to provide LiveScan fingerprint services. They offer services at a variety of locations around the state. Click here for a list of these agencies and information about their services.
Have questions or need more information? Call us at 1-877-605-1539.