CHILD CARE CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND (C.C.C.P.D.F.)
The Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund is a tuition assistance program for child care professionals to obtain or continue their pursuit of a college education at participating colleges/universities in Maryland. The Fund pays the cost of tuition, fees, and books, as funding allows.
Child Care Center Staff and Family Child Care Providers can earn a college degree in:
- Early Childhood Education
- Child Development
- Elementary Education
- Special Education
Funds are awarded for one school year at a time, with a review of academic performance and continuation of requirements to participate at the end of the approval year.
Approval can be renewed if:
- Funding is available
- Recipient continues participation in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program
- Recipient continues employment in child care
- Recipient successfully completes at least two courses during the approval year
- Recipient maintains a 2.50 GPA
- Recipient reapplies at the end of the approval year
If you are awarded the Fund and stop working in child care, you must repay MSDE for the cost paid on your behalf.
Applicants must meet the following criteria (COMAR 13A.14.09):
- Participate in the Maryland Child Care Credential program.
- Work in a licensed child care center or be a registered family child care provider in the State of Maryland.
- Fulfill entrance requirements at the participating college of your choice.
- Have at least one (1) year of documented experience working with groups of children in an approved setting.
- Maintain employment in child care in the State of Maryland while participating in the fund.
- Participate in professional development.
- Agree to complete Service Requirement (work) in the child care field in the State of Maryland after completion of degree and/or withdrawal from the Fund.
- Maintain at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA from the point of first entering the Fund.
The Fund does not reimburse participants. Funds are paid directly to the college/university. MSDE will notify each applicant and college/university of Fund approval.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the Fund, you must first contact the participating educational institution of your choice. Click here for a list participating colleges/universities.
Submit a completed application with required documentation
- Experience – at least one year of child care experience – letter from current employer; current family child care license
- Participation in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program – copy of current credential certificate
- Letter of acceptance from a participating college including declared major
- Statement of college costs associated with enrollment (tuition, fees, & books)
- Professional Development Plan – listing of courses and timeline required to complete degree
- Continued Employment – letter from current employer on letterhead; current family child care license
- Continued participation in the Maryland Child Care Credential program – copy of certificate
- College transcript with GPA.
Application Due Dates:
First-time Applications are due by March 1st.
Continuation Applications are due by June 30th.
Applications must be fully completed and submitted by the deadline to be processed and approved.
First-time applications are processed on a first come, first served basis only, with priority given to applicants who have not completed any college courses for credit from an accredited college or university.
Late applications will not be processed.
Click here for the CCCPDF Application Form.
Click here for the CCCPDF Application Checklist.
Click here for the CCCPDF Fact Sheet.
Have questions or need more information about Credentialing Branch programs? Contact us:
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 1-877-605-1539