Inner Harbor East Academy for Young Scholars
Baltimore City Public School System
Dr. Pedro Cartagena, Principal
Opened in September 2005
200 N. Central Ave., Baltimore MD 21202
About Inner Harbor East Academy for Young Scholars
Inner Harbor East opened in 2005. The school made adequate yearly progress in the 2007-2008 school year.
Program Philosophy and Model:
The vision of Inner Harbor East Academy for Young Scholars is to follow an ecological approach, recognizing that student performance and successful educational outcomes are influenced by an environment that residents, specifically in East Baltimore, influence and maintain.
- Class sizes do not 20 students
- Life skills and guidelines are taught through an African American perspective
- Students are taught to be studious in their dress, actions, and academics
Student Support Programs and Services:
- The students at Inner Harbor East Academy for Young Scholars are supported through intervention programs, before and after school programs.
- Wrap-around services are provided to students and parents through partnership with East Baltimore Community Corporation (EBCC).
- East Baltimore Community Corporation EBCC: provides wrap-around services to students.
- Baltimore City Public School System: provides access to curriculum and professional development opportunities.
- Living Classrooms: provide field trip and experiential learning opportunities for students.