The 2015-2016 school year is the second year students in grades 3-8 and high school will take the PARCC assessments in English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics.
PARCC helps teachers and parents determine if younger students are acquiring skills and knowledge needed to advance to the next grade level, while older students can see if they are on track to graduate, ready for college and careers.
PARCC Resources for Parents and Teachers
- PARCC for Teachers: Webinar Series
Raising the Bar: Implications on Test Scores with Common Core
Henry R. Johnson, Ed.D.
Interim Chief Academic Officer and
Division of Curriculum, Assessment, and Accountability
- Sample PARCC Student Reports
MD College & Career Ready Standards
- Why Proficiency Matters
- Achieve Resources for Parents and Families on CCSS
- Be a Learning Hero
- Council of the Great City Schools: Parent Roadmaps to Common Core
Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Two-Page Parent Guides to Student Success (by Grade)
- A Family Guide to Your State’s New Annual Test
Webinars on Demand