• Office of the Deputy for Finance and Administration• Business Services• Rehabilitation Services• Human Resources• Fiscal Planning, Research and Evaluation• Equity Assurance & Compliance
This office ensures that the Maryland State Department of Education is in compliance with pertinent federal and state civil rights in education and employment laws and regulations. The office also provides technical assistance to Department employees and Maryland's 24 school systems regarding compliance with the various laws and regulations.
The Maryland State Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry/national origin, color, disability, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
TITLE IX LOCAL SCHOOL SYSTEM COORDINATORSEvery local school system is required to have a Title IX designee to coordinate the implementation of Title IX. Information related to the Maryland local school system coordinators is provided below.Roles and ResponsibilitiesMaryland Title IX Network List
Contact:Kristy L. Michel, Deputy State Superintendent of Finance and AdministrationInterim Agency Equity OfficerEquity Assurance and Compliance OfficeMaryland State Department of Educationkristy.email@example.com
• Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with regard to race, national origin, gender, and religion
• The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended.
• The Governor's Code of Fair Employment Practices• Department of Budget and Management,
Office of the Statewide Equal Employment Opportunity Coordinator• The Equal Pay Act of 1963 Age Discrimination in Employment Act•
Title 20, MD State Government, Annotated Code of Maryland: State Personnel and Pensions Article, Title 5 (click on State Personnel & Pensions; then Division I: State Personnel; then Title 5)• Title 20, MD State Government, Annotated Code of Maryland (Click on State Government and then Title 20)External Responsibility—Compliance• Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (regarding race, color, or national origin)
• The Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973• The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended• Equal Educational Opportunities Act of 1974• The Age Discrimination Act of 1975• COMAR 13A.08.01.16,
School Integration• COMAR 13A.07.05.01,
Assignment of Personnel•
Equal Access to Public School Facilities for the Boy Scouts of America and Other Designated Youth GroupsTitle IX• Title IX Law• Title IX Overview• Title IX Resources• Applicable Guidance & Compliance
200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2595
410-767-0100 • 1-888-246-0016
© 2017 Maryland State Department of Education