1. If you are employed in a Maryland local school system, a non-public school providing services to special education students, or a State institution, your renewal request will be processed by your employer.
2. If you are not currently employed in a local school school system, submit the following:
Six semester hours of acceptable credit to
renew your Professional Eligibility Certificate or
Advanced Professional Certificate.
3. Acceptable credit is credit that is:
* Earned or taught at a regionally accredited
college/university or through Continuing
Professional Development (CPD) credits;
* Related to a school assignment;
* Earned within 5 years immediately
preceding the date on which the new
certificate is issued;and
* Earned in reading course work if not
already completed (teaching areas only).
The requisite reading requirements are listed on page 3 when you download your certificate.