- Passing scores on a Basic Skills test or a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on the most recently earned degree (teacher applicants only)
- Passing scores on the Content and Pedagogy test scores required for the area of certification you are seeking (if applicable)
- An official transcript demonstrating completion of an educator preparation program approved in the state in which it is physically located leading to certification in the area you are seeking. Transcripts must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Ordered from Parchment (if available), which will be sent directly to TEACH; or
- Electronically sent to email@example.com directly from an alternative e-transcript service; or
- Mailed to the MSDE office of certification directly from the Institution of Higher Education or in a sealed student mailer; or
- Sent directly to your employer if you are under contract with a Maryland local school district or state-operated school.
You may track your application status in TEACH. If you are employed with a Maryland local school district, a nonpublic special education program, or a state-operated school, please work directly with your employer if you have questions about the application process.